To describe a procedure for the Cleaning of Water Storage Tanks of Water Treatment Plant
This SOP is applicable for cleaning of Water Storage Tanks of Water Treatment Plant
Assistant Engineer/Above shall be responsible for implementation and compliance of the SOP.
Manager-Engineering / Manager-Production / Head-QA shall be accountable for implementation and compliance the procedure mentioned in this SOP.
Water Storage Tanks Cleaning Record -Attachment-I
- Close the inlet and outlet valves of the individual water storage tanks to disconnect the supply to all user point.
- Remove water from the tank manually. Visually ensure that the tank is empty.
- Prepare a solution of Sodium Hypo Chlorite and water in required ratio. (1.0% Sodium Hypo Chlorite in 99% water)
- Enter into the tank through manhole using ladder.
- Scrub the tank inner walls and floor with scrubber. Take special care to clean the corners. Remove or drain the water from tank
- Clean the walls and floor of tank with potable water.
- After rinsing the inner surface of the tanks with the potable water twice, remove remaining water by using clean cloth or lint free mop.
- After completion of cleaning come out of storage tank.
- Switch “ON” the feed water pump and open the inlet valve of water tank.
- Open the outlet valve and discard approximately initial 500 liters of water to waste water storage tank or drain.
- Record the cleaning details in the water storage tank cleaning record as per the format
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
8.0 DISTRIBUTION LIST:
10.0 HISTORY OF REVISION :
|Version No||Effective Date||Reason for Revision|
Attachment – I
Water Storage Tanks Cleaning Record
Equipment Name: _________________________________ ID Number: __________________
|S. No.||Cleaning Aid Used||Start Time||End Time||Done By||Checked By|