To describe a procedure for the Cleaning of Pre, Fine and Return Riser Filters.
This SOP is applicable for Cleaning of Pre, Fine and Return Riser Filters
Assistant Engineer/Above shall be responsible for implementation and compliance of this SOP.
Manager – Engineering / Manager – Production / Head – QA shall be accountable for implementation and compliance the procedure mentioned in this SOP.
Filter to be cleaned -Attachment-I
Cleaned filter status label -Attachment-II
Cleaning of Pre, Fine and Return Riser Filters – Attachment-III
Filter Change/ Replace Log Sheet -Attachment-IV
6.1 All the filter i.e. Pre Filter , Fine Filter and Return Riser shall be cleaned as per Frequency for
- Ensure that no manufacturing, packing etc. activity is going on in relevant area.
- Ensure that the respective System is switched off.
- Display the board as “Under Filter Cleaning” on Air handling units.
- Wear nose mask and hand gloves.
- Take out the filters carefully from the filter frame.
- Put the filter in the polythene bag and close the mouth of poly bag with tie belt.
- Affix the status label on ploy bag as per Attachment- I for proper identification.
- Transfer the filter to filter cleaning area.
- Put the filter on filter cleaning stand.
- Rinse the filter thoroughly with water from both sides.
- Apply compressed air on filter from opposite side of suction, till the filter surface is free from
traces of powder, particles and fibers etc.
- Transfer the filter for drying in a designated room.
- Visually inspect the filter for any damage. If any damage observed replace the filter with new one and maintain the record in Filter Change/ Replace Log Sheet as per Format No. SOP/EN/091/F04-00.
- After drying pack the filter in fresh polythene bag with proper identification as per Attachment- II
- Fix the filter carefully in respective filter frame and remove the “Under Filter Cleaning board” from Air handling units.
- Record the cleaning details in Filter Cleaning Record by put tick mark √ ( a as per Format No, SOP/EN/091/F03-00
- All the pre and fine filters shall be replaced once in every 1 year or whenever required as per condition of filters and record as per Format No, SOP/EN/091/F03-00
- Compressed Air pressure for filter cleaning shall be not more than 3.0 kg/cm2and not less than
|1.||Pre-filter||10µ||7+ 2 Days|
|2.||Fine-filter||5µ||7 + 2 Days|
|3.||Fresh Air Filter||20µ||7 + 2 Days or Product Change over|
|4.||F.B.D Filter||5µ||7 + 2 Days or Product Change over|
|5.||Return Riser Air Filter||5µ||Daily or Product Change over|
|6.||Tray Drier Filter||10µ||For Nightly|
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
Engg. : Engineering
PLC : Programmable Logic Controller
FBD : Fluid Bed Dryer
- DISTRIBUTION LIST:
10.0 HISTORY OF REVISION:
|Version No.||Effective Date||Reason for Revision|