To provide the operation and calibration procedures of Vernier caliper.
The SOP is applicable to the operation and calibration procedures of vernier caliper, which is required
for extremely precise measuring of external and internal dimensions, and depths of openings.
3.1 QA Officer and Production Officer and above shall be responsible to follow the procedure mentioned in this
4.1 QA Head and Production Head shall be accountable for compliance of the procedure mentioned in this SOP
- Turn on the instrument by pressing the ON / ZERO key
- Select the in/mm mode
- Wait for few seconds after turning the instrument on.
- For external measuring, put the sample as close to the measuring surfaces as possible. Record the readings.
- For internal measuring, put the inside jaws as deep as possible and extend the measuring surfaces so that they are close to the sample. Record the readings.
- Frequency of calibration: once a year.
- Calibration of vernier caliper to be done from outside agency.
- Maintenance and safety instructions. Do not scratch the scale surface. The outside and inside measuring surfaces of the vernier caliper have sharp edges; handle it with care to avoid injury.
SOP: Standard Operating Procedure
QA: Quality Assurance
9.0 DISTRIBUTION LIST:
10.0 HISTORY OF REVISION:
|Version No.||Effective Date||Reason for Revision|