To describe a procedure for the preventive maintenance of Diesel Generator
This SOP is applicable for preventive maintenance of Diesel Generator
Assistant Engineer/Above shall be responsible for implementation and compliance of the SOP.
Manager – Engineering/Manager-Production/Head -QA shall be accountable for implementation and compliance of the SOP.
Preventive maintenance checklist of Diesel Generator -Attachment –I
6.1 Preparation of preventive maintenance plan:
- Inform the concern person before starting preventive maintenance.
- Ensure that no activities are carried out in the respective machine.
- Ensure that the respective system electrical supply is switched “OFF”
- Before carrying out the preventive maintenance display status board as “UNDER PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE” on the electrical panel and machine.
- Quarterly/ 300 Hours
6.4.1 Change Engine Oil by removing the drain plug and fill the crankcase to “H” mark on dip stick.
6.4.2 Change lubricating oil filters elements.
6.4.3 Change super lube oil by pas filter elements.
6.4.4 Check the engine coolant, PH should be between 8.5 and 10. Add if required.
6.4.5 Check fuel filter element, change if required.
6.4.6 Clean the air intake system .( Pipe connections and crankcase breather)
6.4.7 Check the exhaust air system and leakages.
6.4.8 Check the engine for unusual vibration, if found prevent them with correcting the alignment.
Tighten up foundation bolts
6.4.9 Check the battery charging system.Check the electrolyte level , if required top up.
6.4.10 Check the safety control and alarms circuit.
6.4.11 Check the automatic start operation.
6.4.12 Check and tight the all electrical connections.
6.4.13 Start and run the generator in auto/manual mode.
6.4.14 Remove the “UNDER PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE” status board from the machine and the
respective electrical panel.
- Record the preventive maintenance status as per Attachment-I of SOP/EN/003 and affix on machine.
- Update the status label of the machine after the completion of preventive maintenance and assembly respectively.
- After performing the preventive maintenance activity of machine, respective area supervisor shall check and note the details on respective Equipment Sequential Log Book.
- Junior Engineer/ above shall update the activity in respective formats of SOP for Preventive Maintenance of multi mill (SOP/EN/026).
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
9.0 DISTRIBUTION LIST:
10.0 HISTORY OF REVISION:
|Version No.||Effective Date||Reason for Revision|