To describe a procedure for Sanitization of Purified Water Storage tanks & Distribution lines.
This SOP is applicable for Sanitization of Purified Water Storage tanks & Distribution lines
Assistant Engineer/Above shall be responsible for implementation and compliance of the SOP.
Manager – Engineering/Manager-Production/Head-QA shall be accountable for implementation and compliance of the SOP.
Sanitization record of purified water storage tank and distribution loops -Attachment-I
- Inform to the User departments before sanitization.
- Fill the double jacketed water tank with water and switch ON the heaters. Warm the water up to 80 degree Celsius.
- Drain the residual water completely from the purified water storage tank and close inlet and outlet valves of main water supply.
- After achieving the temperature of 80 degree Celsius in double jacketed water tank. Start the feed pump of double jacketed water tank and lift the hot water to purified storage water tank.
- Fill the purified water tank up to 40% as per tank capacity.
- Close all the taps at user points.
- Switch “ON” the distribution lines water feed pump.
- Open the inlet valve of purified water storage tank.
- Circulate water in loop for two hours.
- After two hours or sanitization regenerate the water system again.
- In case of microbial failure of water sample.
SOP: Standard Operating Procedure
HISTORY OF REVISION:
|Version No.||Effective Date||Reason for Revision|
Sanitization record of purified water storage tank and distribution loops
|Date||Storage Tank Temp. (ºC)||Circulation Time||Done By||Checked By||Remarks|