To describe a procedure for the cleaning of Under Ground Water Storage Tank.
This SOP is applicable for Cleaning of Under Ground Water Storage Tank
Assistant Engineer/Above shall be responsible for implementation and compliance of this SOP.
Manager – Engineering/ Manager-Production/Head-QA shall be accountable for implementation and compliance the procedure mention in this SOP.
Cleaning of Under Ground Water Storage Tank -Attachment-I
- Close the inlet valve of raw water supply.
- Ensure that the water level in tank is at minimum level.
- Lift the left water from tank by operating raw water feed pump.
- When water level in the tank becomes low, enter into tank through man hole by using ladder.
- Remove the left water from the tank manually.
- Prepare a solution of Sodium Hypo Chlorite and Water ( 1.0% of Sodium Hypo Chlorite in 99% water.
- Scrub the tank inner walls and floor with lint free mop.
- Clean the walls and floor of tank with potable water.
- After rinsing the inner surface of the tanks with the potable water twice, remove remaining water by using clean cloth or lint free mop and after completion of cleaning, come out of storage tank.
- Open the inlet valve of IPH supply or take raw water from supplier and resume the water system.
SOP : Standard Operating Procedure
Engg. : Engineering
IPH : Irrigation and Public Health
- DISTRIBUTION LIST :
- HISTORY OF REVISION:
|Version No.||Effective Date||Reason for Revision|
Attachment – I
Cleaning of Under Ground Water Storage Tank
Equipment Name: _________________________________ ID Number: __________________
|Date||Cleaning Aid Used||Start Time||End Time||Done By||Checked By|