To lay down a standard procedure for handling of corrosive, hazardous & poisonous laboratory chemicals.
This SOP is applicable for handling of corrosive, hazardous & poisonous laboratory chemicals in Quality Control Department
- Officers / Executive – Quality Control shall be responsible for complies of this SOP
- Manager- Quality Control and Head QA shall be accountable for compliance of this SOP.
Follow the instructions of current Good laboratory Practices as per SOP No. and laboratory safety guidelines
as per the SOP No.
- Follow all the precautions mentioned in the respective standard procedures, procedure of preparations of volumetric, test, buffer and indicator solutions.
- All the acid bottles shall be stored in the tray half filled with saw dust, inside the fume hood chamber.
- Always wear hand gloves, nose masks, safety goggles, and other safety gowns, while handling corrosive and hazardous materials.
- Handle all acids and hazardous materials under the fume hood chamber.
- Keep poisonous material under lock and key.
- Discard the acid solutions carefully after diluting with water. Rinse and flush all glassware thoroughly with running stream of water and then send for final washing.
SOP: Standard Operating Procedure
QC :Quality Control
QA: Quality Assurance
- DISTRIBUTION LIST
Quality Assurance Department
Quality Control Department
HISTORY OF REVISION
|Version No.||Date of Revision||Reason for Revision|