To lay down a standard procedure for the disposal of chemicals, reagents and solvents after their expiry in Quality Control Laboratory.
This SOP is applicable for disposal of all chemical, reagents and solvents in Quality Control Department
Officers / Executive – Quality Control shall be responsible for follow that procedure.
Manager- Quality Control and Head QA shall be accountable for compliance of this SOP.
Record for the disposal of expired chemicals Attachment-I
- At the end of the month, select the materials, which have expired in the same month.
- Concerned person for disposal must use hand gloves, safety goggles, mask and other required protective means.
- Dispose off the materials in the following manner:-
- For liquid chemicals: Drain carefully with continuous flow of water into sink.
- For solid chemicals: Collect each solid chemical in a container & dissolved / soak in sufficient quantity of water, dispose off the material at specified place for material disposal.
- For cyanide: Cyanide contaminated wastes and other toxic poisonous chemicals. Flush all such type of wastes generated at Quality Laboratories with the continuous flow of water and ensure that it is free from cyanide.
- For hazardous: Collect all such type of waste in a container & dissolved / soak in sufficient quantity of water, dispose off the material at specified plate for material disposal.
- Maintain the record dully signed and verified.
- Always use hand gloves, facemask and other required safety measures.
SOP: Standard Operating Procedure
QC: Quality Control
QA: Quality Assurance
- DISTRIBUTION LIST:
Quality Assurance Department
Quality Control Department
10.0 HISTORY OF REVISION:
|Version No.||Date of Revision||Reason for Revision|
Department: Quality Control
|Name of Chemicals:-|
|Code No. of chemicals:-|
|Date of Disposal:-|
|Treatment given:-( If any)|
|Procedure for Destruction:-|
|Remarks, if any:-|
|Name||Sign & date|
|Material Destroyed by/ collected for disposal by
( QC Department)
|Disposal of material verified by ( Safety Officer)|