To lay down a standard procedure for receiving, distribution, testing and reporting of all Packing materials.
This procedure is applicable for receiving, distribution, testing and reporting of all packing materials in Quality Control Laboratory
- Officers / Executive – Quality Control.
- Manager- Quality Control and Head QA shall be accountable for compliance of this SOP.
Format for Packing material inward register Attachmnent-I
- Officer Quality Control shall receive the Packing Material Intimation slip from Packing Material Store along with Certificate of Analysis. Officer Quality Control shall make entry in the Packing material inward register and allocate the AR No. as per Format-SOP/QC/004/FT01-00.
- Officer Quality Control shall make entry generate AR No. according to inward register.
- Officer Quality Control / designated for sampling shall draw the Packing material sampling from packing material store as per SOP of packing material sampling.
- Drawn sample shall be handed over to Executive Quality Control for Distribution.
- Executive Quality Control shall distribute the sample to analyst for analysis on the basis of priority in consultation with warehouse and production departments.
- Executive Quality Control/Above shall hand over the sample to analyst.
- After distribution of work, analyst shall analyze the samples as per approved specifications and Standard Testing Procedure and record the details in respective Analytical Record as per format.
- Average weight, dimensions & GSM shall be done for five different samples.
- For shipper (C-Box) GSM shall be done for one sample.
- Attach all the raw data, weights, readings & other supportive document with obtained Analytical Record during the testing.
- After completion of testing, the analyst must complete and sign the Analytical Record and all the supportive documents.
- After completion of the Analytical Record and other document, Executive Quality Control shall prepare COA as per format.
- The COA shall be checked and signed by the analyst after comparing it with the Analytical Record.
- Executive-Quality Control shall review the Certificate of Analysis, forward to Head Quality Control for final approval.
- After reviewing and signing of COA, Head Quality Control will approve the same.
- A copy of approved COA shall be forwarded to packing material store.
- Executive Quality Control shall release the material.
- In case of any discrepancy during analysis analyst shall inform to Executive Quality Control.
SOP: Standard Operating Procedure
QC: Quality Control.
COA: Certificate of Analysis
GSM: Gram square metre
QA: Quality Assurance
- DISTRIBUTION LIST
Quality Assurance Department
Quality Control Department
- HISTORY OF REVISION
|Version No.||Date of Revision||Reason for Revision|