To lay down a standard procedure for safety guidelines while working in the Quality Control Department.
This SOP is applicable safe working in Quality Control Department
- Officers / Executive – Quality Control.
- Manager- Quality Control and Head QA shall be accountable for compliance of this SOP.
6.1 Follow safety guideline provided by the Safety Department.
- Follow the instruction given by Head of the Department time to time.
- Wear laboratory dress while working in the laboratory.
6.4 Wear protective garments like mask, gloves, goggles, cartridge filter mask where require while performing critical hazardous test. Refer MSDS of related chemical or solvents wherever require
- Read the label before opening any container and follow the current version of SOP No. (Receipt, storage and issuance of chemical & glassware).
- Open the container of hazardous hazardous chemicals.
- Avoid use of contaminated apparatus and instrument.
- Chemicals carefully in fuming hood.
- Take precaution while extracting and using.
- Seal the container tightly after use.
- During handling & using of chemicals do not eat or drink anything.
- Wash the hands properly after handling and testing of chemicals.
- Take precaution for the cleaning of any spillage with method appropriate, to the hazardous chemicals (Refer: SOP No. “Handling of Spillage in Laboratory”).
- Seek medical attention immediately if affected by chemicals and use appropriate first aid until medical attention is available.
- Store the chemicals and solvents at specified temperature mentioned on label.
- Place back the poisonous chemical under lock & key immediately after use. (Refer: SOP No. “Handling of corrosive, Hazardous/poisonous Laboratory chemicals”)
SOP: Standard Operating Procedure
QC: Quality Control
USP: United State Pharmacopoeia
MSDS: Material Safety Data Sheet
QA: Quality Control
9.0 DISTRIBUTION LIST
Quality Assurance Department
Quality Control department
10.0 HISTORY OF REVISION
|Version No.||Date of Revision||Reason for Revision|